Barcelona will look to keep up the pressure on La Liga leaders Real Madrid as they host Real Betis at their temporary home of Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys on Saturday while Camp Nou is being revamped.
After a disappointing start to the new season with a draw against Getafe, Barcelona boss Xavi will have been relieved to see his side complete a run of three straight league wins before the international break.
They now face Betis, who are currently seventh in the table, following their 1-0 win over Rayo Vallecano last time out.
Below we list the best live TV streaming services to watch all the action live, wherever you are in the world.
Barcelona vs Real Betis: when and where?
Barcelona hosts Real Betis at the Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys on Saturday, September 16. Kick-off is set for 9:00 PM BST local time, making it a 3:00 PM ET start, 12:00 PM PT in the US, an 8:00 PM start in the UK and a 5:00 AM AEST kick-off in Australia on Sunday.
How to watch the Barcelona vs. You can watch Real Betis online from anywhere using a VPN
If you find that you can’t watch the game locally, you may need another way to watch the game. That’s where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to prevent your ISP from throttling your speed on game day by encrypting your traffic, and it’s also a good idea if you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network and you want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and logins.
With a VPN you can virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to access the game. So if your ISP or mobile carrier has given you an IP address that incorrectly reflects your location in a blackout zone, a VPN can correct that problem by giving you an IP address in your correct, non-blackout area. Most VPNs, like ours Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPNmake it very easy to do this.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in every country where VPNs are legal, including the US, UK and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service you’re streaming. You’ll want to make sure your VPN is set up correctly to prevent leaks: even if VPNs are legal, the streaming service can terminate the account of anyone it deems to be circumventing properly applied blackout restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great ones VPN deals that is taking place now.
Livestream the match between Barcelona and Real Betis in the US
This match can be streamed in the US via ESPN Plus, which has live English and Spanish-language broadcast rights to La Liga in the US.
Live stream the match between Barcelona and Real Betis in Great Britain
La Liga broadcast rights in Britain are held by Viaplay, with kick-off for this match on Saturday evening at 8pm BST.
Livestream the match between Barcelona and Real Betis in Canada
For Canadian soccer fans, Saturday’s big game will be available to watch on streaming service TSN Plus.
Live stream the match between Barcelona and Real Betis in Australia
Football fans Down Under can watch this match on streaming service Optus Sport, which is showing La Liga matches live in Australia this season.
Quick tips for streaming La Liga with a VPN
- With four variables at play (your ISP, browser, video streaming provider, and VPN), your experience and success streaming Spanish La Liga matches may vary.
- If you don’t see the location you want as the default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search for city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble downloading the game after turning on your VPN and setting it to the correct viewing area, you can try two things to quickly resolve this. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered for the account is one in the correct display area. If not, you may need to change the physical address registered to your account. Second, some smart TVs (like Roku) don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll need to install the VPN on your router or the mobile hotspot you use (like your phone) so that every device on the Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases, with Smart TV services, after you install a cable network’s sports app, you may be asked to verify a numeric code or click a link sent to your registered email address for your Smart TV. This is where having a VPN on your router will also help as both devices appear to be in the right location.
- And don’t forget that browsers can often give away location despite using a VPN, so make sure you’re using a privacy-first browser to log into your services. We normally recommend Brave.