The Capital One Venture The Platinum Card® from American Express and the Chase Sapphire Reserve give it a run for their money.
While the $395 annual fee for the Venture Not only are the card’s benefits competitive, but many benefits even extend to authorized users – and cardholders can add up to four authorized users for free (see rates and fees).
Today, let’s take a look at the full range of benefits that additional Venture X Card users will enjoy. In particular, we highlight the growing number of lounges that you and your travel companions can visit together, at no additional cost.
Venture X overview
Before we start, let’s take a look at the details of the Venture X card:
- Sign-up bonus: Earn 75,000 bonus Capital One miles when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening
- Earning rates: Earn 10 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, 5 miles per dollar on flights booked through Capital One Travel and 2 miles per dollar on all other purchases
- Annual travel credit: Receive up to $300 in your statement when you book travel with your Venture X through the Capital One Travel portal
- Anniversary bonus: Earn 10,000 bonus miles every account anniversary
- Access to the Capital One Lounge: Get unlimited access to Capital One Lounges for you and two guests (each guest after that costs $45)
- Access to the Plaza Premium Lounge: Visit more than 100 Plaza Premium airport lounges with two free guests
- Priority Pass Membership: Enjoy access to more than 1,400 Priority Pass lounges worldwide for you and all guests traveling with you
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee: Receive up to $100 in credit every four years for both Trusted Traveler programs
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual fee of $395 (see rates and fees).
Related: 6 Things You Can Do When You Get the Capital One Venture
Which Venture X benefits apply to additional cardholders?
While the $395 annual fee for the Venture That’s huge, considering Platinum Card® from American Express charges $195 per card for authorized users (see rates and fees), and the Chase Sapphire Reserve charges $75 per authorized user. This makes the Venture X a much more affordable option for couples and families.
Moreover, many benefits also apply to authorized users.
Access to the airport lounge
Capital One’s flagship lounge at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) opened in late 2021, and they recently opened a second lounge at Dulles International Airport (IAD). The lounge at DFW is located in Terminal D, near Gate 22, and the lounge at IAD is located in the main terminal, just after the TSA PreCheck security line. The amenities – including Peloton bikes and premium, locally sourced food – are excellent.
Reward your inbox with the TPG Daily newsletter
Join over 700,000 readers for the latest news, in-depth guides and exclusive offers from the experts at TPG
There are two more lounges in the works at Denver International Airport (DEN) at Harry Reid International Airport (LAS), but we do not have estimated opening dates.
While there are only two Capital One Lounges currently open, Venture the possibility of up to two guests at no extra cost).
However, what makes the Venture So you can add four free authorized users to your card, and each of them can visit all the above-mentioned lounges and bring an unlimited number of guests at the same time.
Related: Big family? No problem! Receive unlimited lounge guests with this credit card.
If you have a large family, this benefit can be invaluable. Please note that an adult must accompany guests under the age of 18.
To play this out, let’s say you opened the Venture You and each of your authorized users can access Capital One and participating Plaza Premium lounges with two guests each. Add it all up (five ticket holders plus two guests each) and you could get a total of fifteen travelers into the airport lounge (one of those people being you).
And the guest policy for Venture X cardholders is even better in Priority Pass lounges: unlimited guests. Not bad for a single credit card – plus, with this perk you can easily consume more than $395 worth of food and drinks every year.
Please note that the exact procedure for accessing these lounges varies:
- Capital One lounges: Present your Venture X Card and an eligible same-day boarding pass for entry
- Priority Pass lounges: Register for your free Priority Pass membership via this link using your Venture Then present your Priority Pass card and an eligible same-day boarding pass for entry.
- Plaza Premium lounges: Present your Venture X Card and an eligible same-day boarding pass for entry
This applies to both the main cardholder and the authorized users on the card.
Free Hertz President’s Circle elite status
Hertz’s partnership with Capital One grants complimentary Hertz President’s Circle elite status to primary Venture X cardholders and authorized users. This top status gives you a guaranteed one-class car upgrade, 50% bonus points on all rental cars, access to a wider selection of cars and dedicated customer service.
Eligible cardholders must enroll via the Capital One website or mobile app. Cardholders can find the link to register by going to the “Rewards” or “Capital One Travel Benefits” tab of their eligible card and clicking on the Hertz benefits tile. Primary cardholders must enroll authorized users through the same process.
You can also combine this benefit with the opportunity to earn extra miles on rental car bookings with Capital One Travel. You can get your Hertz benefits and earn 10 miles per dollar on rentals booked with Capital One Travel, which is not a stacking combination available with other cards, portals or rental companies. This way you are assured of the best of both worlds.
Purchase and travel protection
The Capital One Venture
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance: Up to $2,000 per person for prepaid, non-refundable tickets for you and immediate family members.
- Compensation for travel delay: Up to $500 per person for reasonable expenses such as hotel rooms, food, toiletries or clothing when your flight is delayed overnight or by six hours or more.
- Lost baggage compensation: Up to $3,000 per covered trip if the airline damages or loses your bags.
- Mobile protection: Up to $800 in coverage per claim with a maximum of two claims and $1,600 per 12-month period. A deductible of €50 applies per event.
- Primary rental car insurance: Up to $75,000 for damage caused by a collision or theft to a rental car.
- Purchase, extended warranty and return protection: Maximum $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account on purchases; warranties extended for an additional year; returns up to $300 per item and $1,000 per account.
What benefits do authorized Venture X users share?
Authorized users on the Venture Each of these is limited to one credit per account. This means that these credits must apply to eligible charges incurred with an additional card on the account, but count towards the primary cardholder’s benefit.
Likewise, only the primary cardholder will receive the 10,000 mile anniversary bonus.
That said, authorized users’ spends accrue Capital One miles at the same rates as the primary card, and their purchases count toward the card’s minimum spend requirement to earn the introductory bonus. So if you add users to your account and let them spend (responsibly) on your behalf, you can get those 75,000 bonus miles even faster.
How to add authorized users to your Venture
Once you decide to add authorized users to your Venture Then click ‘Add account user’.
You must then decide what level of access you want to grant to your authorized user. You have two options:
- Account manager
- Authorized user
Here you will find a complete overview of what primary cardholders, account managers and authorized users have access to.
After reviewing the options and making your selection, enter your authorized user’s first and last name, phone number, date of birth, and social security number.
Read more: Everything you need to know about authorized users
There’s no doubt about it: the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card offers generous benefits for authorized users. The best part is that you can add four additional cardholders for free, making the Venture X affordable for larger families and groups. The next time you visit a Capital One, Priority Pass or Plaza Premium lounge, get the whole team involved with these authorized user benefits.
Learn more: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
For Capital One products listed on this page, some of the above benefits are provided by Visa® or Mastercard® and may vary by product. Please see the respective Benefits Guide for further information as conditions and exclusions apply.
Upon enrollment, accessible via the Capital One website or mobile app, eligible cardholders will remain at the upgraded status level through December 31, 2024. Please note that enrollment through the normal Hertz Gold Plus Rewards enrollment process (e.g., Hertz.com) is not automatic. detect whether a cardholder is eligible for the program, and cardholders will not be automatically upgraded to the applicable status level. Additional terms and conditions apply
For rates and fees for the Platinum Card® from American Express, click here.
Click here for Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card rates and fees.