I consider myself a ‘progressive’ man. That means I focus on what I’m drawn to, rather than dwelling too much on things that are past.
If that’s you too, don’t worry: we always have new, exciting projects in the works!
But as we make our way through the second half of 2023 – and I begin a new decade after turning 70 – I wanted to take a moment to recognize and celebrate some milestones. I also want to express my sincere gratitude and how proud I am of this community.
As many of you know, a fundamental part of this community and one of my passion projects is the Primal Health Coach Institute. Founded in 2014, we were the first institute to bring ancestral health to the coaching industry and have been at the forefront ever since. Thanks in large part to PHCI, it is no longer “just me and my blog” advocating primal eating and living.
Together is better
At the Primal Health Coach Institute, we have graduated thousands of certified Primal Health Coaches in 75 countries around the world. Our coaches cover not only the globe, but also different backgrounds, age groups and areas of passion and focus. Such diversity amid a shared calling – helping people live and eat in ways that enable them to thrive – is a powerful and beautiful thing.
To honor this diversity and better support coaches in supporting others, we now offer multiple paths to pursue your dreams. As long as your knowledge and skills are solid, there is no one “right way” to build a purposeful, profitable coaching career. Your optimal path may lie along traditional, entrepreneurial, medical, fitness, or business lines, or reflect an angle unique to you.
As our range of courses and programs continues to grow, these paths provide a road map. You can follow a route designed for you or adapt and combine as you see fit.
Whichever path you choose, you can be assured that we are working behind the scenes to continually improve, update and develop our offering and curriculum. We also put a tremendous amount of thought, care and energy into the forging new, exciting, purposeful collaborations.
We want PHCI students and graduates to get the best: the best education, the best resources and support, the best opportunities. Conscious partnerships and synergy areas make this possible.
We have partnered with:
- Integrative primary care physician and certified primary health coach Dr. Judith Boyce, who recently retired from her medical practice to develop health and longevity coaching programs and retreats for women over 50. As an instructor of our Health Coaching in certification of medical practices Of course, she offers insider knowledge from more than 40 years in healthcare help you launch your career as a health coach in a medical practice.
- Registered dietitian and certified primary health coach Martha Tettenborn, who leverages her personal health journey and professional experience as a cancer keto coach. As our instructor Functional Therapeutic Diet Specialist Certification class, she trains coaches to implement therapeutic diets (such as ketogenic, paleo and elimination diets) and adapt nutritional strategies to support people with conditions such as autoimmune diseases, food sensitivities and metabolic imbalances.
- Cardiologist and New York Times bestselling author Dr. William Davis, who – after practicing cardiology for 25 years – realized he was in the business of dispensing prescription drugs and procedures, not health care. As our instructor Certification of Human Gut Microbiome in Health and Disease Specialist Of course he helps coaches deepen their understanding of the human microbiome and its impact on physical and mental health. He also teaches coaches to guide clients in improving digestion, immune system resilience and overall well-being through microbiome-targeted interventions.
And for those who are excited about Primal movement:
- Our fitness programs train experts in movement patterns fundamental to human biomechanics and optimal living. They teach you how to design effective workouts that improve mobility, strength and endurance, for fitness for every age and stage.
- Brad Kearns, New York Times bestselling author, Guinness world record-setting professional speed golfer, No. 1 high jumper in the 55-59 age group in the U.S., and former U.S. National Champion and No. 3 world-ranked professional triathlete. Brad developed ours Primal Fitness Coach Certification class. In addition to you will learn how to coach clients to get fit for health and longevitythis course includes comprehensive business support—providing a competitive advantage when building a fitness business.
- Ashleigh VanHouten, one of the very first Certified Primal Health Coaches and author of Carnivore-like And It takes couragebrings to us her extensive knowledge and background in swimming, powerlifting, CrossFit and nationally ranked figure competition Certification of strength training for women class. As a course instructor, she gives fitness coaches the tools, resources and know-how to do this focuses on the physiological, hormonal, behavioral, mental and cultural factors that play a role in coaching women– filling a niche that is in high demand and continues to grow.
As with all our courses and programs, everything above combines best practices in curricular development and delivery, business training and resources, networking and community opportunities, and the world-class knowledge of experts at the top of their fields.
And that’s not all! Part of what makes this work meaningful and fun is never settling for “good enough.” Of course we are excited and proud of everything we have created. AndI am proud of my talent for spotting and seizing new opportunities. Heck, I’ve built my entire career and much of the last 70 years around that thing.
The PHCI team supports me in this and makes sure it happens. Together we ensure that those opportunities come to life and that you hear about them. A few recent ones:
- We have partnered with Simplex Health to provide a Health Coach Internship Program for students and graduates seeking invaluable hands-on experience and a springboard to future employment opportunities as part of a collaborative healthcare team.
- We created a live, interactive, Guided Board Certification Program to prepare you to become a National Board-Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC).
- We’ve teamed up with Coach Catalyst for PrimalPro™a turnkey coaching app that can be customized to your brand and individual client needs, and also supports coaches looking to take on challenges and scale their business.
There’s more to come…in the community
And of course the journey has only just begun. There is no final iteration – only a continuous evolution within one global, ever-expanding community.
In April, our team attended KetoCon and connected with many of you. And all year round, we cultivate community, connection and conversations on the internet Health coach radio podcast. Our most listened to episodes in 2023 so far are:
As I look back over the past months and decades, I can say with confidence and heart that we have created something truly exceptional.
We’re expanding in ways that honor, protect, and build on that. We keep an eye on the industry. We listen to you. We want to keep making PHCI better and help coaches make a good living doing what they love, while changing lives at the same time.
Before I move on to the next and new thing, I’ll take a moment to absorb this. Past performance. The world-class coaching programs and partnerships. The continued growth of our wonderful, awesome community.
you are part of this. you make an impact in the name of health, vitality and a better life.
If you’d like to add an avatar to all your comments, click here!